Sunday, July 27, 2008

Yesterday

I welcomed a new brother in law, neice, nephew, Dad, Aunt, Uncle, and Grandmother into my family. Talk about an emotion whirl wind yesterday. I came home last night emotionally drained and exhausted.

I met my Father for the first time since I was 6 months old. That was different. Then I met my Grandmother (who didn't know I never met my Dad) who has cancer and is extreamly weak, but I'm glad I could meet her. She just loved seeing photo's of her great grand children. My Aunt and Uncle were also there, my Dad's sister Donna. Just very strange for me and I really needed a drink to take the edge off, but was unable to find a Chili's or something on the way to the reception.

My Dad seems nice enough and would really like to see me again. We've been chatting online since 2002. Just very strange...

2 comments:

Flabbergasted said...

Even though, it was a strange & emotional experience, I'm glad you had a nice time.

Melissa said...

I can only imagine how strange that must have been for you. Glad you were able to meet him and the rest of your family, though!