Saturday we headed up to Mackinaw for our 4th of July camping...it was HOT! Sunday we went to the Soo Locks but only saw one freighter roll through. While we were there Mikey called me to see what we were doing and he decided to come up for the night. He got there around 2:00 and he surprised the kids. He came over the campground to go swimming and then we headed to Mackinaw City's fire works. The bugs were bad! I got bit by a horse fly on my ankle and it's still swollen four days later.
Monday we all went to the Mackinac Island and we took a carriage ride around the island. That was pretty cool since that's something I've never done. Been to the island many, many times and never did that. It was raining and Jesse didn't know what else to do, so we went on the carriage. Saw many parts of the island I'd never seen before. Once back at the campground we watched movies and vegged out.
Tuesday we headed north to Munising to see the Pictured Rocks . I had been there before but Jesse hadn't. So it rained and was hot. The rocks are still really cool and we even dipped our feet in Lake Superior. It was cold! Wowzers, how did I used to spend the day in that lake? It was freezing!!
Wednesday Jesse and the kids went to the park and the pool and got sunburned. Then we walked around Mackinaw City and I got my fudge. Yummy!! Once back at the campground, Jesse checked the weather and storms were rolling in with lots of rain forecasted for Thursday. We decided to pack it up (9:00pm) and head home so we didn't have to breakdown camp in the rain and get home and have to pop everything up to dry. So we got home at 2am this morning. Now we sitting the couch in the air conditioning.
1 comment:
Sounds like a fun trip. Minus the horsefly. ;op I'd like to go to Mackinac Island someday.... it's on my long list of things to do someday.
Post a Comment