Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The 3 Day - Day 2


Saturday came fast, especially since I didn't sleep well, felt like I cat napped all night long. Surprisingly I felt really good all around. Feet were sore, but not bad! I got up at breakfast and off we went. This time we walked in a big circle around more towns/cities, and neighborhoods. The police were fantastic and the crew guys were awesome. We had "Walker Stalkers" that would be cheering us on, and people driving by honking, and everyone telling us how great we were doing and how far we had to go until the next pit station or grab and go. The joke was "what are we going to do on Monday when no one is telling us how awesome we are?" lol The police were in their pink shirts and the cheering stations were amazing! One cheering station was 2 blocks long. People were handing out water, candy, and had bowls filled with ice for us to wet our bandanas or soak our hands for swelling. It was a great feeling to walk into camp that day!

I walked 13.3 miles out of 19.3.

No comments: