Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good Bye 2011!

What a big year for us! 

Riley:  He's growing like a weed!  He went to Disney for the first time this year which he loved seeing Tinker Bell!  We had many trips to the zoo and had a great vacation up north over July.  I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring for him.  I love watching him grow and change and discover.

Dylan:  Dylan started preschool this year!!  He's doing great in school, but still has some learning delays.  At home, things are better, but not 100%.  We still have lots of tantrums and he will not potty train for us.  Though he does us the bathroom at school.  He's in speech thereapy at school and will probably need it into elementary school.  Jesse and I are starting to suspect he is on the autism spectrum, but that we'll have to talk to our doctor about.  I'm also looking into if my anti-depressant could be the cause of all this.  There is a lawsuit about birth defects and antidepressants.  One of them listed is the antidepressant I was on while pregnant with Dylan.  Autism is listed as well as "cranial defects".  Dylan's head shape is odd, not noticable to the eye, but if you fell it, it goes into a point at the top.  We've had a cranial sacral thereapist mention how odd it was.  So I need to look into that more.

Ashlyn:  Ashlyn is doing good in school and she's still in speech thereapy and will need an IEP for more therapy.  She's currently in Daisy's Girl Scout and loves it!  She is still very whining at home and fights with everyone.  She will be the death of me! LOL

Kailey:  Kailey is on the Honor Roll at school and doing very well!  She's in dance 3 days a week with 5 classes.  This February will be in a show with the DDP Company and she's really excited.  In March she will be going to the West Coast Dance Explosion convention again this year.

Ayden:  Ayden is also on the Honor Roll at school and he's ahead in math and reading.  I think he's bored.  He's doing well in hockey and proving to be a little Darren McCarty!

Me:  I started my apprenticeship with Kate in September.  I am loving it!  January is very slow, February has 1 mom due and then we're swamped from March - June.  I'm so excited!!  LOL  On top of that, I drive Kailey to dance and Ashlyn to girl scouts.  I am literally a taxi mom.

Jesse:  I don't think anything is new for him.

All of us:  We're building a house and moving to South Lyon!  See previous posts.  We just got back from Disney on the 28th and had a wonderful time.  Pictures and trip report coming soon!

We're really looking forward to 2012!

No comments: