Monday, March 4, 2013

I think this is the end of my blog

It's been a great outlet for me in the early days, but now I don't post or keep it updated.   Over the past 6 months I've learned that I'm not super mom - or even the best mom I thought I was years ago.  I feel reminded a lot that I'm not doing all the things for my family that I *could* be doing.  And yet, it's coming from those who DON'T have a large family.

I'm not trying to be super mom.  I only know how to cook a few items from scratch - I guess that's the price you pay for having a mother who became a mom at 16 and again at 18 and then her mother committed suicide before teaching her how to cook and to be an adult.

I'm not perfect, I don't claim to be.  Just when I think I have it all together, I drop the ball.  My goal has been to be better than my mother, I'm almost certain I failed, though I'm not an alcoholic and I actually love my kids.  I guess that's something.

Maybe I'll come back to this one day.

No comments: