Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Re-occuring Dreams

Two years or so ago I started having nightmares that I was in the World Trade Center. I blew it off the first time but it seems so real. The sounds, the smell, the panick, I can even hear the rumble of the first tower falling. I've had this dream twice since then and they are only becoming more instense. Why would I be having these dreams? I'd never been to New York until 2003. It's so real and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm not even sure if it's really me in the dream. What I remember about my dreams:
  • We (whoever "we" are - I'm not sure) try to use the elevator because we don't really know what's going on.
  • The elevator cable snaps once we're all in and we dangle between floors and manage to get out.
  • A lady (in business clothing, short short blonde hair) is so scared, she won't get out. The cable breaks and it falls with her in it.
  • We try to make our way to the top floor, rather than go down. Not sure why we do this, but in the dream for some reason it makes sense.
  • We get to the top floors but the heat and fire are intense, the floors are cracking apart. We manage to find a clear corner and hear the intense rumble and shake of the other tower falling.
  • The goal now I to get to the higher floor/roof, if the tower does come down, maybe being higher up will help us survive. We wait until desks and the rumbling starts again.

That's where I usually wake up.

No comments: