Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Riley's Birth Timeline

I haven't written out the nitty gritty of his birth story, but I have a timeline!! It was a lot of fun and lots of laughter throughout.

12/7/09:

  • 5:30am – Couldn’t sleep, took a hot bath and when getting out, I had a small gush followed by more plug. Went up stairs and told Jesse I thought my water may have broke. Went back into the bathroom and had some light bleeding and contractions started getting stronger.
  • 7:00am – I called our midwife to let her know what was going on. She told me to call her back when I was rocking, humming, all that stuff, I told her I didn't think it would be that long.
  • 9:00am – Jesse called his mom to put her on notice, she took it to come right over! I was going back and forth with Jesse about her coming too soon. Shortly after she arrived my labor stalled and contractions stayed 12 minutes apart all day long.
  • 9:30 pm – Mother in law left.
  • 10:00pm – Contractions got stronger/closer and I knew it was it. Jesse timed them for a little bit, first ones were 7 minutes but quickly moved to 4 minutes apart and they were lasting 2 minutes.
  • 11:20pm – Called Kate to come over. The few contractions I had were extremely intense with lots of pressure and left me shaking afterward.


12/8/09:

  • 12:10am – Kate arrived and came up to check me.
  • 12:20am - As she was checking me, my cervix kept dilating, I started off at 5 and by the time she was done, I was a 7cm and 100% effaced, baby at -2 station with a bulging bag of water. Contractions were 4 minutes apart at this point.
  • 1:15ish – I got into the pool.
  • 1:36am – I asked Kate to break my water because it was in the way and I could feel it with every contraction. I tried a few times to break it on my own with pushes, but it didn’t work. My water was stained with meconium. Riley came right down and I was ready to push.
  • 1:37am – I started pushing.
  • 1:47am – Riley’s head crowned.
  • 1:49am – Riley Aaron was born!

No comments: