Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas 2010

It started off with the kids up at 1:30am noticing Santa had already come. Then very little sleep from then to 4am. Jesse and I woke up at 7:30 to every gift under the tree rearranged. Shortly after we finished gifts my Mom called and I told her that every time she called my stomach jumped into my throat. My Dad went down hill on the 17th. So I let her go because the kids were being so loud and then I heard my cell phone ringing. It was Mom again and then she asked to talk to Jesse. She's thinking about getting a computer so I didn't think anything of it. I asked him what she wanted and he said something like "it was about something for you" and I cleaned up a little and went on facebook. That's when I saw a post from my brother that our Dad died that morning. My Mom told Jesse to use discretion telling me and he was going to wait until the kids were upstairs. So that was our Christmas. I'm glad I book our Disney trip over next Christmas. I told Jesse on the 21st it had to be booked and that we HAVE to give the kids a better Christmas next year. I knew he was going to go on Christmas, I just knew.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, Kristina. Even if it was expected, the remembrance of his loss every Christmas will be that much harder. I hope that next Christmas is a happier one for your whole family.