Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back home...finally!

Our trip started out not so good. I tried installing Ayden Regent and it was kicking my butt! I've never had any issues installing a car seat before. But this was proving to unlike no other car seat. On top of that, this thing is a MONSTER! It's huge! I called up an installer to see if she could help me, but she was on her way up to BRU for breastfeeding month. Luckily she lives a couple streets over and if I do need her help today, I can just go over. I still haven't ventured out to try to get it installed. If I can't get it installed, I'm going to take it back and probably order a Frontier from Albeebaby or something. It's a bit smaller.

After the seat fiasco, we were getting the camper hooked up and couldn't find the adapter to plug the electric into the truck. I ran up to General RV to get another one. Good thing there is one right up the road. Looks like someone took ours right off the camper.

So once that's all done, we were ready to go. Everything was smooth sailing, Customs was a breeze thank god. Then it started to rain...and rain...and rain. We found this awesome pizza place in Niagara with the best chicken wings...yummy!! I was in heaven, I wish they could deliver to me. lol We took our food to the campground and had to eat inside because it was still raining.

Sunday morning, woke up and the sun was shining. Good thing too since we were heading to Marineland. The kids had so much fun seeing the whales and feeding the deer. Ashlyn went on a big kid ride with Daddy. She was the only one who would go on it. Once on it she was asking for me and that she was scared. When it was finished she was so proud she went on it and Daddy was high fiving her. When you asked her about it, she says "it was scary!!!". I have some cool pictures, but I'm not even sure where the camera is right now.

We made it back to the Killer Whales just in time for the show and it starts raining...actually pretty close to a down pour and it continued until we left. We took some shelter in the dolphin area a few minutes before the show started. Kailey now wants to be a trainer for Marineland. lol

On our way back to the car it stopped raining and we went back to the campground for a nap and dry off. I ate more chicken wings. lol

Once we were dry and awake we headed to the falls, the kids were amazed by all the water, mist, and how loud it was. Jesse was wearing Dylan and getting chicked out by "hot French chicks". lol We got lots of pictures, Jesse was disappointed because the Maid of the Mist was closed. I was doing a happy dance because I hate to get wet...yuck! I hate walking around wet and avoid it at all costs.

To finish our night and vacation we had dinner at Rainforest Cafe, which was not impressive because we go to the one at Great Lakes Crossing quite a bit, but Jesse didn't want to go to Hard Rock Cafe...I didn't get my shirt either. Oh and it rained so more!

1 comment:

Flabbergasted said...

On the Maid of the Mist you don't get too wet because they give you huge rain ponchos to wear. Your face gets wet of course but your clothes don't. Going to Niagara was our last family (parents & brothers) trip.

That's stinky that it had rained so much.