Melissa's water broke Saturday morning, so I was sorta "on call" to come help with the kids. Around 4pm her she gave me the go ahead to head over. I got there before 5pm and she was having mild-medium contractions about 5-7 minutes apart and she looked fabulous! I took Kieran for a ride in my car to get him to fall asleep and he was so funny! He kept talking about how comfy the car seat was and then passed out!
o I headed back to their house and started getting things ready for the birth and Melissa's contractions were getting more painful. In the meanwhile her doula Alica was there going over some hypobabies and positions for her to ease some pain. Josh and I started setting up her birth pool, (the same one I'll be using) it was awesome and I'm so glad I was able to set hers up for practice. After draining the hot water tank 3 times, it was full and ready.
We started timing her contractions and they were 4 minutes apart and lasting over a minute in duration. Alicia and I agreed that Melissa's contractions probably weren't going to get to 2 minutes apart without a baby crowning, so I called Stacia and gave her a status report. She and Christa were on their way.
When Stacia and Christa arrived, they checked baby's heartbeat and mommy and baby were doing great. I even got pictures of Melissa smiling and looking great inbetween contractions. She was so awesome handling the pain, but kept asking about transition. She didn't believe us she had already transitioned. lol
Melissa got into the pool and things seemed to speed up a bit. I think Christa checked baby's heartrate twice (15 minutes apart) and then all of a sudden baby's head was crowning. I ran and got the boys and Kieran watched baby's head crown (at 12:05am), then Stacia had to help baby a little with her shoulder and Chloe was born at 12:07am. Melissa did a fantastic job and watching baby's being delivered and moms delivering them NEVER gets old! I love it each time. Melissa did a great job and I took pictures to prove it!
Melissa, you are definitely NOT a wimp! You did a fabulous job and you did it how you needed to. That makes you awesome! ;) Happy babymooning! And the best of all, no hospital transfer!!! ***mega happy dance***
Chloe was 6lbs, 18 3/4" long born at 12:07am on October 11, 2009. I've never held a baby so small. She is precious!
Congratulations Melissa, Josh, Nevin, and Kieran!!
3 comments:
NAK I'm so glad you were here!
You helped so much and if it wasn't for you i wouldn't have all of those awesome pictures to treasure!!
Who would have guessed 5 years ago that you'd be at my birth? hehe! ;)
LOL, you are not kidding! It was a pleasure. ;)
Sounds like a beautiful birth. Glad you got to experience it to, and congrats to Melissa!
Post a Comment