Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Homebirth, Low Lying Placenta, C-Section...

At the beginning of this pregnancy, Jesse and I were positive that we wanted a homebirth. Then the midwife I fell in love with decided she wasn't doing births in September. So I met with a CNM and it just wasn't the same. I decided to stick with my current ob that delivered Ashlyn. I was completely okay with that until recently, I feel like I'm yerning for a homebirth. It's my last chance since this will be our last baby. On Monday, I had my 21w ob visit and my ob told me that my placenta is low lying and has to move up .5cm in order to have a vaginal birth. It's already moved up .5cm from my 11w ultrasound. So really I'm probably getting worked up over nothing because they tend to move up on their own. I don't want a c-section at all, especially if it's just really a precautionary measure. I have another ultrasound at 32w to check my placenta to see if it's moved up. But I'm STILL going back and fourth over a homebirth although Jesse says no way, at this point it will be too expensive.

No comments: