Thursday, June 12, 2008

We FINALLY have power back!


Friday we left for camping. Drove through a storm on the way there and it cleared right up. Saturday was beautiful, the kids did the Summerfest activities then we all went swimming. Around campfire time we starting noticing lightning. We weren't sure if it was heat lightning or from a storm. Sure enough it was a storm! It was so loud in the camper between the thunder, wind, and rain. Ayden, Kailey, and Ashlyn slept right through it though. It finally let up and Jesse and I got some sleep and woke up to another storm that night. It wasn't a good sleeping night.

Sunday morning we packed up camp and headed home. Once home we had to pop up the camper to dry it out so it wouldn't mold. It was so hot and humid. A couple hours later we packed it back up and headed inside to start baths. Dylan and I were in the bath tub and the lights kept flickering. We thought it was because it was so hot out and everyone had their A/C on. Jesse got up and looked and it was raining and the wind was going crazy. Trees were whipping around and the power lines were flapping. The power went out and I was trying to call someone with power to see what was going on. Then the tornado sirens went off. I admit I was freaking out a little because June 21st is the 21 st anniversary of the Novi tornado.

Once it calmed down we got in the car to get dinner. Every street we went down to get out of our sub had a tree over the road. I drove over 2 power lines and trees were just ripped out of the ground. It was crazy! Finally out of our sub we realized power wasn't in our near future. There were lines down everywhere and tons of streets lights were out. We finally found a fast food joint open and sat in the drive through for 45 minutes for food. It was crazy!

Monday Jesse's mom brought up a small generator to run the fridge and sub pump. We were really worried about the basement since they were calling for more rain. So we avoided losing all of out food and flooding the basement.

Tuesday I went out and took photos of trees and lines that were down. Okay, I was really just playing with my camera, but what else was I suppose to do, right? lol The kids were watching movies in the car and were content. We got home and they played in the sprinkler.

Yesterday I unplugged the sub pump to plug in the fridge since it hadn't rained since Monday night/Tuesday morning. It was also Ashlyn's 3rd birthday so we went to the zoo. We got home I went into the laundry room and it was completely dry. The kids played in the pool and then Ayden had to get ready for T-ball. Laundry room was still dry. Jesse took Ayden, Ashlyn, and Dylan to T-ball and Kailey and I went to get our hair cut. Got back, feed and put the kids to bed and watched some T.V. and then noticed we had half our power back. So Jesse went in the laundry room to start some laundry and it was flooded. I was crying because a lot of my scrapbook stuff was on the floor because I've been scrapping like crazy. I lost all my cardstock, letter stickers, and some pattern paper.

Jesse was up late last night cleaning up the laundry room. Luckily we had everything up off the ground and nothing underneath the house is wet. Well, that I know of, I don't know if Jesse has gone under there yet. So we had to take up all the carpet and get rid of it and Saturday Jen and I are going to IKEA for a large throw rug and table so I no longer have to put anything on the floor. ;)

So that's where we're at. Today is Ayden first day back to school since Friday and last day of school! lol He is there a full day today. Ashlyn's Birthday Party is Saturday and Chuck E Cheese.

No comments: