Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Day 2 of school.

Yesterday was the first day of school. A bit hecktic since I was also started my first day back with a 9am Government class and Ashlyn's and Dylan's first day of daycare with Cheryl. Needless to say, we forgot something. The kids lunches were nestled in the fridge until I noticed them at 2pm or so. lol

My government class is going to be awesome. My prof is more like Jesse and Kevin Smith, totally awesome. I get 3 bonus points for being a registered voter, for not missing any classes (hear that Riley, no Monday or Tuesday morning arrival), for writing a letter to a government official or news paper editer. I think there was something else, but can't remember what.

Ashlyn and Dylan had a fun time at Cheryl's and Dylan only shed a couple tears I hear. I was so worried about how he was going to do since he's never met Cheryl, but since Ashlyn and Alyssa were there, I'm sure that's what made it okay.

Last night was Ashlyn's preschool meeting. I really like that the teacher is just like Mrs. Sabourine. Last year, I was having a hard time with the new preschool teacher - all they were doing was nursery rhymes, which is great when you're not paying a thousand dollars for more. Ashlyn will be going from 1:15pm to 4:15pm Monday through Friday. The afternoon worked so much better for our schedule and what time the older kids get out of school.

Tonight I have Philosophy...hopefull it will be good. Class starts at 6pm.

On a Riley note, we're 27 1/2 weeks and NOT SLEEPING! Riley thinks it's fun to kick Mommy all night long. And I can't really get comfortable, but not for any particular reason. I've noticed I sleep better on my back and keep waking up on my back. Other than that, I'm feel awesome, hot most days though, especially recently with the damp humidity.

Our roof is being installed on September 25 and I can not wait!!! HURRAY!! And we picked up fencing on Craigslist to finish off the corner on the new neighbors side and the front corner of Baba's (means grandmother in her language) side. Just need to find more on CL's to remove the wood fence and chain link it.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Glad to hear school is going well. Reading back through your older posts, sounds like you're pretty prepared for baby already. I'm usually scrambling at the end to be sure I have everything just so. LOL